Miami-Dade County enacted the Nuisance Abatement Ordinance (NAO), No. 92-42, requiring property and business owners to eliminate public nuisances. The NAO provides the community a tool to encourage owners to take responsibility for preventing recurring nuisance activities on their property in unincorporated Miami-Dade County.
The NAO addresses recurring criminal/nuisance activity involving:
- The unlawful sale, delivery or possession of controlled substances/narcotics.
- Youth and street gang criminal activity.
- Prostitution or solicitation of prostitution.
- Lewd and lascivious activity.
- Illegal gambling.
- The illegal sale, possession, or consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Other criminal activities that are a danger to the public health, safety and welfare.
Private nuisances involving neighbor disputes are not addressed by the NAO. This includes:
- Barking dogs.
- Loud music.
- Code enforcement.
- Other non-criminal activity.
While these and other activities may be a community problem, they are not addressed by the NAO, but may be addressed through other Miami-Dade Police Department (MDPD) or Miami-Dade County entities. Call 311 to find out the best course of action.
Questions about nuisance abatement
File an anonymous complaint
Email / Mail
- Questions about nuisance abatement
- File a formal complaint (attach Citizen's Complaint Affidavit)
Nuisance Abatement Unit
9105 NW 25th St.
Miami FL 33172